We are seeking: Business Developer Europe – experience in complex and innovative sales – biomanufacturing – biotechnology – pharma – start-up with potential – FR/EN/NL – Open-ended contract.
As the “first sales person” at salamanderU, your mission comprises developing the sales approach (strategy and process) in order to boost the company’s commercial impact. Working in close collaboration with the company’s founders and after a period of training, you will take charge of the commercial activities, focusing on Belux, France and Germany. Expanding to the rest of Europe is planned in a second step.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be the following:
- to manage sales (forecasting, funnel management, key deals management), qualify and follow up opportunities, close and defend deals, negotiate, and sign contracts and orders;
- to participate, in close collaboration with marketing and the founders, in an active and structured manner in order to build awareness of salamanderU among a targeted prospective audience, but also to participate in trade fairs, congresses, conferences, etc.;
- to understand the ecosystem (customers, competitors, partners, prescribers, etc.), get involved and detect windows of development opportunity for salamanderU;
- to support and coach the rest of the team in commercial matters;
- to develop and motivate a network of agents and/or resellers in Europe.
- You have demonstrated experience (minimum five years) in the sale and business development of complex and innovative solutions (advanced added-value technology, complex decision-making process with customers), ideally in a start-up environment.
- You have completed your master education specialising in a technical, scientific or techno-commercial domain.
- A strong interest in the sector of advanced therapy medicinal products and its potential for patients is essential.
- Experience in the fields of cell and gene therapy manufacturing, together with good knowledge of the ecosystem of young biotech companies, public support bodies and large pharmaceutical companies are considered a great advantage.
- Pragmatic, good listener, you can handle stress and demonstrate strong personal commitment.
- You are able to operate in very different commercial environments (innovative or highly competitive).
- You are quick to inspire confidence and can work very autonomously.
- You speak fluent French and English and have a professional level of Dutch, at minimum. German is a bonus.
- You are open to travelling abroad, up to a maximum of 30% of your working time.
- The opportunity to join and actively participate in the development of an innovative start-up, which is on the rise and has strong potential.
- A flourishing business sector.
- A key and attractive role in the company due to its great versatility, and also in terms of contacts and content.
- Integration within a small professional and motivated team, plus support in the commercial strategy when you join.
- True autonomy and flexibility in organising your daily activities, with regular teleworking.
- The chance to add value yourself as from day one.
- An attractive pay packet to match your involvement.
- A full-time position and open-ended contract.
Please submit your application online via the following link: http://www.habeas.be/job/812-001-HA/business-developer-frennl
Ref. 812-001 (2021)
Your application will be processed quickly and in confidence. habeas is managing this assignment exclusively.